[mplayer] Re: Scaling

Gabucino gabucino at k2.jozsef.kando.hu
Wed Feb 21 06:56:04 CET 2001

It's the Question that drives us, Dariusz Pietrzak :
> > find / -name xvinfo both failed), but xdpyinfo reports XVideo as a loaded
> Hmm, dunno what's wrong with that. Wait till some real mplayer hackers
> speak out.
Well, that doesn't mean anything. XVideo is always loaded, it's the video
card driver that matters. (IF the hardware supports it, of course)
xvinfo is a part of the XFree distribution, at least of 4.0.2

> my movies at 1280x1024 @86Hz ) but also drawbacks - scaling is quite
> computing intensive, and unless you're using hardware you'll be in pain.
Scaling isn't CPU intensive at all, since the hardware does it.
(methinks)

> Sorry, I don't know technical details. Wait for someone who does.
>
> Oh, and - hey, people, how about bilinear filtering? I've seen driver that
> does that and hey, it's great. And can be done my matroxes in hardware :)
Now, THAT's CPU intensive. :) BTW, I'm not sure if it can be much of a
benefit, with HW YUV scaling. Arpi?

--
Gabucino