[mplayer] Re: problems on MPlayer

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Feb 21 22:31:58 CET 2001

Hi,

> don't worry.. I read FAQs but I have a little problem: I can't see ASF streams.
> I'm an italian student and I download your program because i want to extract a frame from ASF stream but I have to play this format first.
> I have a i386 machine dual-processor with RetHat 6.2 and 2.2.14-5.0smp kernel. I think to have all necessaries library/applications since It
> compiles without errors.

> These are outputs of program (since it works in different manner with different ASF streams):
Can you please send full logs? Done with mplayer -v -v file.asf !

> 1)
> Detected ASF file format!
> ASF file! (subchunks: 5)
> 0x0000001E  [guid_file_header] 104
> packets: 8492  flags: 2  pack_size: 970  frame_size: 77600
> 0x00000086  [(null)] 46
> 0x000000B4  [guid_stream_header] 105
> stream type: guid_audio_stream
> stream concealment: guid_audio_conceal_none
> type: 18 bytes,  stream: 9 bytes  ID: 1
> unk1: 0  unk2: 0
> FILEPOS=0x102
> ASF audio scrambling: 64 x 0 x 16384
> 0x0000011D  [(null)] 42
> 0x00000147  [(null)] 58
> 0x00000181  [guid_data_chunk] 8237290
> stream_seek: WARNING! Can't seek to 0x7DB26B !
>
> DEMUXER: Too many (2048 in 1638400 bytes) audio packets in the buffer!
> (maybe you play a non-interleaved stream/file or audio codec failed)
> ASF: missing video stream!? contact the author, it may be a bug :(
It seems to be an audio-only file. MPlayer is a movie (video) player,
it can't handle audio-only files (.WMA or similar)

> 2)
> Detected ASF file format!

> stream_seek: WARNING! Can't seek to 0xCCFF !
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
It's a bug...

Can you send me this file? At least the first 1-2 MB, uploading it to
ftp://thot.banki.hu/incoming/MPlayer/

If the first file contains video, i need that file too! (first 1-2 MB is
enough)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu