[Mplayer-users] wrong aspect of DVD-Video

Robert Jäschke robert-j at gmx.de
Thu Jul 19 11:36:03 CEST 2001

Hello!

I have got a problem with playing a video from DVD. It's always played with
the wrong aspect ratio:

VO: [xv] 720x576 => 720x576 Planar YV12

(My screen resolution is 1024x768)

The persons look very strange this way because they're stretched. If I start
MPlayer with the option "-x 900" it looks much better. The problem is: this
doesn't work in fullscreen mode! So my question is: is it possible to watch
this video with the right aspect ratio in fullscreen mode? Or is it even
possible to autodetect the right aspect ratio of the video?

Robert