[Mplayer-users] wrong aspect of DVD-Video

data at polinux2.eui.upv.es data at polinux2.eui.upv.es
Thu Jul 19 11:51:22 CEST 2001

On Thu, Jul 19, 2001 at 11:36:03AM +0200, Robert Jäschke wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I have got a problem with playing a video from DVD. It's always played with
> the wrong aspect ratio:
>
> The persons look very strange this way because they're stretched. If I start
> MPlayer with the option "-x 900" it looks much better. The problem is: this
> doesn't work in fullscreen mode! So my question is: is it possible to watch
> this video with the right aspect ratio in fullscreen mode? Or is it even
> possible to autodetect the right aspect ratio of the video?

I bet the solution here would be to add some black stuff in the right place
up and down, so the aspect of the movie keeps right.

The only problem is that I am not a coder myself, I am just a mere reader
of this list, since I enjoy a lot reading about the progress of mplayer.

I suppose Nick or Arpi might help you.

Jesse.