[Mplayer-users] video output

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri Jul 20 21:10:33 CEST 2001

Hi,

> I have a 1.2 gig athlon and a geforce 3 card.  Mplayer has been working
> great, but yesterday, i hooked my computer up to my tv through the geforce 3
> s-video out.  When i did this, mplayer wouldn't let my run my movies with -vo
> xv which is what i usually use because it's fastest.  x11 and sdl seemed to
> slow to run full screen at 800x600 ( the video kept laggin).  I then triedm
> fsdga which worked great except it doesn't actually fill up the full screen.
> Mplayer takes over full screen but the actually video size is probably only
> half the size of the screen.  any ideas?

<flame>
nvidia sucks...
</flame>

Xv usually doesn't work on TV-out ports.
it's a special thing, handled by DAC chips.
TV-out doesn't support YUV overlays.
(there is a trick for matrox g400 to swap heads, this way you can route
signal from DAC to TV-out... but it's a horrible hack)

about fsdga: it's obsoleted, and very buggy.
use -vo sdl if you want full-screen with software scaling.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu