ATI Radeon VE (was: Re: [Mplayer-users] new ffmpeg/libavcodec )

Christoph Lampert lampert at math.chalmers.se
Tue Jul 24 17:28:24 CEST 2001

Hi Nick,

>Not soon. I have a lot of problems with my new hardware aka ATI Radeon VE ;)
>I didn't know that Radeon != Radeon VE from driver point.
>Simply it doesn't work under Linux and I have no graphics for now (Btw under
WinNT - all o'k).

:-) Hey, I could have told you!
I had been asking about Radeon VE a few times, but now I finally meet
someone who has it. Good for me ;-)

Try the lastest XFree 4.1, or even CVS. In the log-file, there was a remark
that a bug about Radeon VE giving no picture was fixed now. I have not seen
any official "support" for it, but on the other hand, they always write "Radeon
supported" and ignore the VE.

Apart from this, atyfb (fbdev) should work, too, so you could set up
a X-Server on top of this.

gruel

P.S. if you have time, please keep me informed about what you achived
with Radeon VE, I guess I'll buy one myself not too far from now.
I would be glad to have less trouble than you.

--
Dipl. math. Christoph Lampert (complex analysis, integral formulae)
Email: gruel at gmx.de                |     Email: lampert at math.chalmers.se