[Mplayer-users] Re: Files don't play with -idx

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri Jul 27 03:20:32 CEST 2001

Hi,

> > Jul 25-án, 20:39-kor Mplayer-users digest, Vol 1 #280 - 12 msgs témájú...:
> > :> > -forceidx to generate an index, they fail to play: Win-DLL fails to load
> > :> > (could not open DLL???)
>
> > I've the same prob! my avi works, but there is no index( i can't seek),
> > and with option -idx, or with -forceidx do  the same :
>
> I reported this Mon, 4 Jun 2001, but got no answer. The problem (back
> then with IdegCounter, today with latest CVS) is still persistent for me.
> http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/10464/2001/6/600/5891842/

Yes, I know. And many other people reporetd it too, but I couldn't
find it yet.

But just commited some changes, please try again.
(I can't try, isn't reproducable here)

Fixed possible problems:
1. missing demuxer->idx_size=0;
  isn't really required, but who knows...
2. handle case of bad IDs:
      if(!id || avi_stream_id(id)==100) goto skip_chunk; // bad ID (or padding?)
  usefull only for broken files.
3. incremented memory unit size 16->1024, it means less memory
  (re)allocation. mayeb your glibc can't handle 10^6 malloc calls, so
  it run out of heap memory (or internal tables) -> can't load DLL
  maybe this bug depend on amount of free memory?

If still not ok, please check and tell me this line:

AVI: Generated index table for 3289 chunks!

if you see a big number (for example, 12345678) then it's a
(semi)infinite loop problem... occurs with some broken files for me.
If you see a normal value there (<4*frames) but not works,
tell me! (including mplayer -v log)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu