[Mplayer-users] libac3 and sse

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri Jul 27 22:43:02 CEST 2001

Hi,

> much more with x11 out). You should use the -benchmark -nosound option
> to see how much cpu time is spend to the system outside of mplayer,
> here's a nice example:
> Playing on my server PIII 500, 512KB L2 @250MHz, 256MB RAM, Matrox G400 AGP
> 32MB: needs ~44.8seconds to playback my 2:30 divx test trailer
> (640x272, ~1200kbps) using -vo mga, systime here is ~0.4seconds.
> Compared with my notebook PIII 850, 256KB L2 @850MHz, 128MB RAM,
> Savage MX 8MB AGP: needs ~49.5seconds for the same clip using -vo xv,
> but with ~12.7seconds systime, that's about 26% of cpu load compared
> to 0.9%!!!

Little correction:
To get CPU usage of video out, add system time and VO: time!
system is 0% for mga, because the whole video out process is done
by libvo, while with X output (x11,xv) blitting is done by the X server
(happens outside of mplayer -> it's systime then) but VO is still >0,
because colorspace conversion, subtitles is made by libvo.

so, to get video cpu usage:
mplayer -benchmark -nosound file.vob
add Sys and VO times, and divide by total time!

It works only with -nosound.
with sound, systime will contain usleep and ioctl waiting times too!

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu