[Mplayer-users] some problems

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Jul 28 00:04:37 CEST 2001

Hi,

> I've some problem with the current (?) release (0.17a-IdegCounter) and
> the win32-dodec from the hp.
current release is 0.18pre5, but it's old too, use CVS!

> 1. A quite bad Tomb Raider-Trailer (Intel Indeo 3.1/3.2) is played back
> very weired. It's not easy to describe in English;)
>
> Just think there's a horizontal line in the center of the displayed
> video. All the horizental rows of the video are mirrored at/on/whatever
> to the center line, so that the top-row becomes the bottom-row and so and
> so on. Looks very funny. First I thought there wery kyrillic letter;)
known (limiattion of codecs), just read FAQ.
btw there are workarounds for it, for exampe it's ok with -vo sdl or -vo x11

> 2. I've got a film named "teaching mrs. tingle" that worked once withe
> the 0.10pre10/22 but now:
> Encrypted VOB file (not compiled with libcss support)! Read file DOCS/DVD
> ==> Found audio stream: 16
>   {PTS_err:1}
but it plays the file, besides this warning message?
if not, please upload this file.

> May I really compile the stuff 'cause no deb exists?
yes

> 3. I've got another video. the 6the sense (divx).
>
> I start mplayer and the video appears but only for 3 seconds: Then the
> error
> Exiting... (End of file)
> vo: uninit!
> appears on the shell. It also worked once.
upload this file, i'll check
(but first try with latest cvs version, maybe already fixed)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu