[Mplayer-users] Mailing list suggestions

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Jul 29 14:39:16 CEST 2001

Hi,

> A'rpi could create a new mailing list,  mplayer-general, or mplayer-talk
>
> Then whenever a discussion leaves the topic of mplayer (like 9 out of 10
> mails did during the last days) and switches to something else, still
> interesting (like 8 out of 10 mails were during the last days), the thread
> can be moved over there.

There is already such list, called mplayer-flame :)
But nobody subscribed there :)

(yes, it was really a test list for new maillist server, but it works)

> mplayer-users would be real mplayer stuff, with much less traffic than now,
> mplayer-whatever would be additional for the "regular guys", or for those who
> don't care if traffic gets high.
Good idea, but usually it doesn't work.
People keep replying to the old mail which has Reply-to: pointing to -users
list.

I think that -users list is for such general discussions.
Maybe we should create an mplayer-bugs list, for those who want to
report bug and waiting for teh solution. It saves -users list from
system info and log attachments, but stop users from answering to
the bug reporter if they know any solution or workaround.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu