[Mplayer-users] Mailing list suggestions

Christoph H. Lampert gruel at gmx.de
Sun Jul 29 14:51:05 CEST 2001

Am Sonntag, 29. Juli 2001 14:39 schrieben Sie:
> > mplayer-users would be real mplayer stuff, with much less traffic than
> > now, mplayer-whatever would be additional for the "regular guys", or for
> > those who don't care if traffic gets high.
>
> Good idea, but usually it doesn't work.
> People keep replying to the old mail which has Reply-to: pointing to -users
> list.

Yes, but after a while somebody might notice that it's offtopic and take the
five seconds to change that line. After that it's moved to the other list and
everybody can reply again...

> I think that -users list is for such general discussions.
> Maybe we should create an mplayer-bugs list, for those who want to
> report bug and waiting for teh solution. It saves -users list from
> system info and log attachments, but stop users from answering to
> the bug reporter if they know any solution or workaround.

MPlayer-bugs is a good idea, too. But I doubt that Mplayer-users is for
discussion of which graphics card is best for Linux. At least I would not
expect this when subscribing.

gruel
Christoph Lampert, gruel at gmx.de

"Linux is a cancer that attaches itself in an intellectual property sense to
everything it touches. That's the way that the license works." - Steve Balmer

"Epsilon < 0" - chl