[Mplayer-users] Fast forward bug

Paul Holcomb mplayer at blue.cpoint.net
Mon Jul 30 16:02:19 CEST 2001

 I've discovered a bug that apparently only manifests itself when fast
 forwarding.

 Occasionally, I will use mplayer to spot check MPEG2 files that I am
 encoding and will quickly fast forward through the entire file.
 However, when crossing 43 minutes (according to the OSD), it starts
 playing at the beginning of the file again.  This problem is easily
 repeatable with every one of these files, which are 6Mbit 720x480
 NTSC MPEG2 PS.

 In addition, I can repeat the problem with a number of other formats,
 including DivX.  At first, I thought the problem was size related,
 but since the DivX files especially are so much smaller that doesn't
 seem logical.  I have also had at least one other person verify the
 problem with different hardware and files.

 I've used both MPlayer-0.17a_IdegCounter, and also yesterday's
 (20010729) CVS version to verify this bug.

 Forgive me if this bug has been posted before, but I didn't see it on
 the list.

--
Paul Holcomb                               *pholcomb    \@      cpoint  net*
Sr. Network Engineer                       Counterpoint Networking, Inc.