[Mplayer-users] Audio Problems - Buffer

Max Hofer vir182 at yahoo.de
Tue Jul 31 18:43:35 CEST 2001

On Tue, 31 Jul 2001 01:05:59 +0200 (CEST) Arpi <Arpi
<arpi at thot.banki.hu>> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Detected AVI file format!
>
> > A: 141.3 ( 140.4)  V:  43.5  A-V: 96.926 ct:
4.346
> > 1044  24% 12%  3.8% 0
>
> 1. try with switch  -ni
i did. now the movie plays in normal speed, with
audio, but the A/V is still going out of synch (and
i'm not able to fix that with the +/-keys). i gonna
play around with the -mc option, maybe that will help.

?
>    check _idle_ cpu usage with top when playing this
it seems. the idle time jumps between 20% and 50%
during i play the movie.

> 3. all files are bad, or only this one?
1st i had this problems only from encodes of a guy on
IRC. i was not worried about it. but then i got
another encode with the same problem. so i thought
maybe someone else found a workaround (or if there is
none, i report this "error").

> 4. RTFM
i RTFM. and you know - it doesn't help with answers
like:
--------
Q: I got DEMUXER: Too many (328 in 83968129 bytes)
audio packets in the buffer ERROR
A: split your file to 8MB pieces
--------
i'm not the guy who asks before i read the docs/mans.
but if i still ask, means the man/docs didn't give me
the answers i was searching for.

mfg Rach