[Mplayer-users] Flickery OSD

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Jun 6 00:22:27 CEST 2001

Hi,

> Some time back someone posted up about flickery OSD.  I get this too; for
> me it seems to come and go depending in some way on the input file, how
> the video window is scaled or resized.  Sometimes it's rock solid, other
> times you hardly ever see it.
>
> I haven't looked into it in any detail - right now I'm wondering who else
> gets this problem?

Everyone get this problem who uses -vo driver with single buffering.
For example x11 and xv. For xv you can fix it changing number of
buffers in libvo/vo_xv.c and recompile mplayer.
Other drivers like dga, sdl, mga, gl uses double buffering by default.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu