[Mplayer-users] Flickery OSD

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Jun 6 00:53:30 CEST 2001

Hi,

> > Everyone get this problem who uses -vo driver with single buffering.
> > For example x11 and xv. For xv you can fix it changing number of
> > buffers in libvo/vo_xv.c and recompile mplayer.
> > Other drivers like dga, sdl, mga, gl uses double buffering by default.
>
> Thanks - on the way to fix.
>
> A general question for you - I have a Matrox G450 card here - I was going
hmm. for matrox cards you'd betetr to use mga or xmga driver. it has
hardware triple buffering with vsync.

> to use it for my media box but in the end put it into another machine when
> it seemed that the TV out of the Matrox was not going to be supported
> under Linux.  As I've posted before, TV out or interlace support is my
> requirement, preferably both.
>
> Is there any good news around for G450 support on Linux/X?
I dunno. AFAIK it works with XF 4.x, but no TV-out.

> G400s don't seem to be buyable any more :-(
G400 MAX is still buyable, but has horrible price.

btw we should move with this topic to mplayer-matrox list.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu