[Mplayer-users] Compiling with Red Hat 7.1

Alex Kanavin ak at cave.hop.stu.neva.ru
Sat Jun 9 19:35:36 CEST 2001

On Fri, 8 Jun 2001, Arpi wrote:

> > The whole Red Hat 7.1 distro is compiled with it (including the 2.4.2
> > kernel), so the compiler might not be that bad. "RH shit" will become gcc
> It's too bad. Yes, it compiles normal C/C++ code with with -O2.
> But MPlayer is highly optimized to use every transistor or your CPU,
> but gcc 2.96 seems to have big problems compiling mmx/3dnow/sse asm code.
> For example, tell me why gcc 2.96 (and only this version) skips the
> half of mmx code of yuv2rgb_mmx_16 function? It's simly missing from
> the resulted object file, with no warnings or error messages.

I think that should be checked again with the very latest 3.0 cvs and if
there's a problem still, reported to gcc team (do they have a bug tracking
system?). If the problem goes away, then it's up to Red Hat to update
their compiler, we can only suggest them to do this via redhat's bugzilla.

--
Alexander

Homepage: http://www.sensi.org/~ak/