[Mplayer-users] Re: Sound, sound, sound

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Sat Jun 30 14:47:35 CEST 2001

On Sat, 30 Jun 2001 13:33:57 -0400 Sascha Kloss <01725832094 at d2mail.de> wrote:

> I have bad news:
> When I try it with artsdsp and mplayer my mplayer says:
> Memory access violation (german: Speicherzugriffsfehler):-(

Hmm.. mplayer shouldn't segfault because of a screwed up /dev/dsp
(artsdsp isn't a lot more than that)
Can you provide a full output of mplayer -v

> When I try mplayer w/o artsdsp I can watch and hear - but only on OSS;-(

Do you run mplayer within KDE ? Maybe KDE does automaticaly load
a wraper around /dev/dsp. What happens if you dont use oss and
what else do you use ?

			Attila Kinali

--
Man who sink into womans arms soon have arms in womans sink.