[Mplayer-users] Re: Sound, sound, sound

Sascha Kloss 01725832094 at d2mail.de
Sat Jun 30 21:02:24 CEST 2001

Am Samstag, 30. Juni 2001 08:47 schrieben Sie:
> On Sat, 30 Jun 2001 13:33:57 -0400 Sascha Kloss <01725832094 at d2mail.de>
wrote:
> > I have bad news:
> > When I try it with artsdsp and mplayer my mplayer says:
> > Memory access violation (german: Speicherzugriffsfehler):-(
>
> Hmm.. mplayer shouldn't segfault because of a screwed up /dev/dsp
> (artsdsp isn't a lot more than that)
> Can you provide a full output of mplayer -v
Sure. Here it is:

[sascha at localhost sascha]$ artsdsp mplayer -v ./Stuff/TV/Music/Snoop\
Dogg--Lay\ Low.asf

MPlayer 0.17a-IdegCounter  (C) 2000-2001 Arpad Gereoffy <arpi at thot.banki.hu>

Reading config file: /etc/mplayer.conf: No such file or directory
Reading config file: /home/sascha/.mplayer/config
CommandLine: '-v' './Stuff/TV/Music/Snoop Dogg--Lay Low.asf'
Reading /home/sascha/.mplayer/codecs.conf: 15 audio & 26 video codecs
font: can't open file: /home/sascha/.mplayer/font/font.desc
Speicherzugriffsfehler
[sascha at localhost sascha]$

> > When I try mplayer w/o artsdsp I can watch and hear - but only on OSS;-(
>
> Do you run mplayer within KDE ? Maybe KDE does automaticaly load
I run it in KDE.

> a wraper around /dev/dsp. What happens if you dont use oss and
> what else do you use ?
Dunno how to use other than oss:-(