[Mplayer-users] recent problems with mplayer-cvs

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Mar 21 03:53:46 CET 2001

Hi,

> I'm having problems playing any video format in XFree86 (4.0.2 & 4.0.3)
> with recent mplayer-cvs snapshots. I can however play movies on console
> with my G400 DH 32meg using mga_vid kernel module. Here are a couple of
> sample outputs from trying to play a divx movie. It's the same with
> every media type and all the output drivers I've tried.

> Entering DllMain(DLL_PROCESS_ATTACH) for /usr/lib/win32/l3codeca.acm
> path c:\
> path c:\
> Called DefDriverProc(2)
> Successfully loaded codec l3codeca.acm
> ACM decoding test: 0 bytes
hmm. seems to be a bug with new ACM code. but it shouldn't exists with
non-win32 formats (mpeg 1/2). did you try mpeg files too?

does it work with -nosound  ?

does it works with -afm 1 ?

> and again mplayer freezes. Does anybody have a clue whats going on? How
> do I enable more debugging information?
every -v option increases verbosity level by one. above level 2 it's very
low-level and prints many internals of the parsers. i recommend -v or -v -v
for you.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu