[Mplayer-users] new audio code in CVS

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat May 12 20:32:09 CEST 2001

Hi,

> > I'm interested in results, so is it better or worse than before,
> > are your audio problems solved etc. Please all the time include mplayer -v
> > output, it prints many new information about audio card and driver!
>
> I'm not sure if it's the new sound code or what, since I have no older
> versions, but I have this one divx avi where ct starts steadily growing
> after about 40 seconds while A-V remains fairly small. When ct reaches
> ~7s, it starts diminishing again, but doesn't seem to fall much below
> 4.5s.  This file is also non-interlaced, so it needs -ni. -bps doesn't
> seem to matter.
Yes, because -ni automatically sets the -bps option.
(because the non-bps sync method doesn't work with NI files)

> The thing plays fine in windows media player.
Hmm. Is your CPU/VGA/drivers powerfull enough to play this file under linux
realtime wihtout frame dropping?

> I tried uploading a piece of it to thot.banki.hu:/incoming but it's full.
MPlayer upload dir is thot.banki.hu:/MPlayer/incoming
it's never full (it's on another disk, and i got mail if it's near to full).

> I'll just attach the output from mplayer -v -ni.
ok, i'll check.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu