[Mplayer-users] new audio code in CVS

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun May 13 21:04:06 CEST 2001

Hi,

> > Just fixed (hopefully).
> > My latest audio changes was bad, and limited audio buffering too lot.
> >
> > Try CVS now, or spanshot tomorrow.
> >

> Not fixed. Mplayer no longer limits audio buffer and the pauses are shorter and I think rather, but they exist. Maybe it's my driver fault, but as far
> as I'm concerner it's fully OSS compatible (it's aureal driver from projects/aureal at sourceforge.net - AU8820 chipset). In previous sound code I had
> to disable select, but sound didn't pause.
Ehh. I've heard that vortex driver is very buggy...

Send me please some logs with -v -v, playing and pausing this file.
Also run TOOLS/audio-block2.c

> BTW. Arpi, you can delete HAVE_AUDIO_SELECT line in config.h.
No. It's usefull for poeople with audio driver not supports standard
ioctl()s, not standard select()...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu