[Mplayer-users] Fwd: subtitles

Christoph Lampert lampert at math.chalmers.se
Tue May 15 16:57:24 CEST 2001

>is there -audiofps
[...]
>> There's -fps switch to change videos framerate.
>kewl kewl, I know, it's just that video i playing just fine.

No, you can't change audio-rate at the moment, because that would
need to up/downsample audio, which is not possible with mplayers sound system
at the moment. Do I remember correctly, Arpi?
However, would it be possible to just _play_ audio with a different
bitrate (shifting frequencies, but 24<->25 is not that much)

The problem is in the TODO-file (as "urgent"), but not in the README...

If audio/video are not in sync (and it's not because of CPU pwer and
-fps doesn't help) then it may be because encoded audio is 48000kHz and
your soundcard doesn't support that. You have no chance correcting that at
the moment, even with the "However..." not.

---other posting:
What K6-processor do you have? Mine (simple K6, 200Mhz) gives output:

lampert at alison:~ > cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 5
model           : 6
model name      : AMD-K6tm w/ multimedia extensions
stepping        : 2
cpu MHz         : 200.460
cache size      : 64 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 1
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr mce cx8 mmx
bogomips        : 399.76

--
Dipl. math. Christoph Lampert (complex analysis, integral formulae)
Email: gruel at gmx.de                |     Email: lampert at math.chalmers.se