[Mplayer-users] bugreports,

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue May 15 19:35:06 CEST 2001

Hi,

> Where should I post bugreports so that I would know about what happens
> with my bugreport ( was it accepted and someone's working on it, marked as
> known and left for feature, marked as completely idiotic, or plainly
> ignored or such ).
They should be sent here. But please first read DOCS/BUGS, maybe the bug is
already known (for example, seeking/pause sync probs and sub sync probs
are known, but i have no time to fix it now, maybe next week).
If your bug isn't known, or the workaround there (if any) doesn't work,
then post a bugreport as described in DOCS/BUGREPORTS
Please include all required infos. Mayeb you already sent them to teh list
or private, but we want to see complete bugreports with all infos collected
into a single mail.

> Maybe using some bugtracking system would be nice? I like the one used by
> debian, but that's probably because I use mostly that one.
Yes, it's really usefull, but we doesn't use it for unknown reason. :)

> On my system ./configure incorrectly adds -Xdpms to libs, and detects my
> k6 as k5 - ( pmodel=`cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep "model$TAB" seems to fail ).
if you can fix it, do it and send the patch. this is teh preferred way.
if you can't, then send full bugreport, for example in this case with
/proc/cpuinfo ls -lR /usr/include/X11 etc included.
we must reproduce your bug to be able to fix it!

> So where should I send those corrections? When I send something to
> mplayer-users it gets randomly ignored, I want to know if I should resend
> report or just ignore the whole thing?

if you don't get answer for a long time (>4 days) then repeat it!!! maybe
we forget. personally i got about 150+ mails per day related to mplayer,
it's VERY hard to keep all of them in my mind.

bug tracking system can be usefull here, but nobody send bugs there.
and it should be somehow connected to maillist, because we want to consult
and reply these mails on the list. and it's hard to include logs etc in the
bugtracking system's message.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu