[Mplayer-users] Xv on i810/i815

Dariusz Pietrzak dariush at ajax.umcs.lublin.pl
Thu May 17 17:50:38 CEST 2001

> $ rpm -q kernel XFree86 gcc
> kernel-2.2.16-22
for open machine I would recommend 2.2.19, and for workstation - switch to
2.4.x series, SSE instructions would be available.

> XFree86-4.0.1-1
4.0.3 is current, seems stable so upgrade.

> gcc-2.96-54
downgrade please. 2.96 is known to be buggy.
People here use 2.95.2, 2.95.3, latest used by me is 2.95.4

Take a look at this note about i810:
  o Hardware acceleration is not possible when using the framebuffer in 32
     bit per pixel format, and this mode is not supported by this driver.

xvinfo output  also would be appreciated.

--
Dariusz Pietrzak
Certified Nobody