[Mplayer-users] libac3, k6-2 and so on...

Nick Kurshev nickols_k at mail.ru
Wed May 30 22:38:51 CEST 2001

Hi, all!

I'm almost finished 3dnow optimization of libac3.
Since Arpi want to release mplayer I'm interesting with
some things:
1. libac3 contains not tested parts. May be someone has non standard
ac3 files because I have samples only of Dolby AC3 2.0 and 5.1 so I've
tested not all cases of ac3 decoder. May be someone has
Dolby AC3 1.0 or 3.x? But probably 2.0 and 5.1 are most wide distributed
standards and their support is enough for mplayer.
2. What effect has 3dnow optimization on k6-2+ cpus?
(my Duron is able to play the .vob files in realtime without any optimization
but 3dnow optimization give about 30% speedup of audio decoding -
measured by status string of mplayer: the last value is descreased
from 4.5% down to 3.3%)

Best regards! Nick