[Mplayer-users] Bug Report: Audio corruption with recent CVS versions

Felix von Leitner leitner at convergence.de
Thu May 31 14:38:00 CEST 2001

Thus spake Felix Buenemann (atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net):
> > > BTW. you're not using GCC 3.0? This problem seems to happen with gcc 3.0
> > > it seems after a quick google search. We recommend only gcc 2.95.2 and
> > > 2.95.3.
> > Instead of talking down on him, why don't you fix the problem?
> He's using gcc 2.96 which is known to be buggy.

Excuse me?
Your behaviour is acceptable if it is a known bug that is being
reported.  In a few months, everyone will use gcc 3.0.  Postponing
looking at bug reports that will bite you then is a really dumb idea.

> > The same value is both on the input and output list.  This was
> > previously made an error for registers, maybe they now extended it to
> > memory expressions, too.
> If this code causes problems for you pease try to fix it and send a patch,
> afaik we only use 2.95.x.

Do you have a reading problem?
The constraints look inconsistent.
If your gcc is broken and does not complain, YOUR gcc is buggy, not his.

Why don't you spend some time reading up on gcc inline assembly
constraints instead of bullying people here?

Felix