[Mplayer-users] Bug Report: Audio corruption with recent CVS versions

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Thu May 31 15:07:47 CEST 2001

On Thursday, 31. May 2001 14:38, you wrote:
> Thus spake Felix Buenemann (atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net):
> > >
> > > Instead of talking down on him, why don't you fix the problem?
> >
> > He's using gcc 2.96 which is known to be buggy.
>
> Excuse me?
> Your behaviour is acceptable if it is a known bug that is being
> reported.  In a few months, everyone will use gcc 3.0.  Postponing
> looking at bug reports that will bite you then is a really dumb idea.
GCC 3.0 might be ok, but GCC 2.96 that comes with redhat is know to be buggy
so he shouldn't use it (maybe look at DOCS/BUGS). And I don't know what's
wrong with trying a compiler first that's know to compie mplayer fine.

> > > The same value is both on the input and output list.  This was
> > > previously made an error for registers, maybe they now extended it to
> > > memory expressions, too.
> >
> > If this code causes problems for you pease try to fix it and send a
> > patch, afaik we only use 2.95.x.
>
> Do you have a reading problem?
> The constraints look inconsistent.
> If your gcc is broken and does not complain, YOUR gcc is buggy, not his.

Code is usually not compiled for me as I have a Intel cpu, just forced use of
3dnow instructions and tried to compile 2 days ago or so and it showed no
errors.
> Why don't you spend some time reading up on gcc inline assembly
> constraints instead of bullying people here?
Why don't you spend some time fixing it and sending a patch if you know how
to?
I'm currently working on earning linux asm but haven't done much stuff yet,
as I said this code isn't by me but by Nick Kurshev so fix it yoursef or wait
for him to fix me.

--
Best Regards,
   Felix