[MPlayer-users] files in ftp/incoming

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Nov 1 20:51:34 CET 2001

Hi,

> and while we're offtopic - what happened to the idea that faq would
> contain some hints about video hardware .. like 'nvidia baad, matrox
> good, mkay?' ? - i.e. i'm going to buy 16M g400, but I could get for the
> same money 32M Ati Xpert2000, which purchase I'm going to regret less?

Hmm. we have native driver (mga_vid) for matrox, while you should use GATOS
Xv for Ati. What chipset Xpert2000 has? still mach64 or rage128?
For mach64 opengl you need X3.3.6+UtahGLX as DRI mach64 driver is stalled.
But I'm planning to make ati_vid for mach64 ati cards.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu