[MPlayer-users] files in ftp/incoming

Draky Void draky at iate.obninsk.ru
Fri Nov 2 00:16:33 CET 2001

	hello,

2 Nov 2001 00:59, you wrote:

> Btw i've heard many times that nvidia divers cause system hangup (only
> reset help). I had no such problems with matrox or ati cards.

Lastest version don't do this, but instead it refuse to switch video modes
sometimes. It looks like this: sometimes if I switch from X to console, the
videomode doesn't change, the picture remains the same, but with distorted
colors. But the system thinks that I'm on console, and if I press some keys
or run some commands, that graphic distorted shit scrolls up.
If it happened once (videomode haven't changed), it will happen forever until
reboot. X window works, console is unavailable. Sometimes it happens when
shutting down X server too. My card is TNT2 Vanta, and I know at least 2 guys
with the same problems with nvidia binary drivers and tnt2 cards.

Although, everything except this bug is fine. Picture quality is nice and
hardware scaling gives a great speedup in movie playing.

Sorry, if this letter is offtopic here.

--
Regards,
	Draky J. Void