[MPlayer-users] swscale error

Jonas Jermann jjermann at gmx.net
Tue Nov 6 16:58:42 CET 2001

On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 04:41:24PM +0100, Felix Buenemann wrote:

> > > RTFOutput of ./configure should have warned you about that!
> >
> > Which output? It worked perfectly till now, and I didn't saw any changes
								 ^^^^^^^^^^^
> > in output, where it says that you have to set -fomit-frame-pointer.
> > A normal user can't know that he has to set this option.
> >
> atmosfear at astral:~/develop/mplayer/main> export CFLAGS=-O
> atmosfear at astral:~/develop/mplayer/main> ./configure
> [...]
> Checking for fastmemcpy ... yes
> Extra libs : -L/usr/lib
> Extra headers : -I/usr/include
> MPlayer is using custom CFLAGS set by you, it is strongly recommended that you
> let MPlayer choose the correct CFLAGS!
> To do so execute CFLAGS= ./configure <your options>
> Creating config.h
> [...]

I know, but the output didn't changed or said anything about the
option. It always worked fine till now, and many users set their
own flags. btw: I think it was a bug (I'm not sure).
However you're right, the user has to see if everything's he did
was all right. That's why I excused myself. I didn't look at the
warning because it always worked.

The discussion is really unimportant so let's stop it.
Again: sorry, sorry

Jonas