[MPlayer-users] Windows binaries

Phil Stracchino alaric at babcom.com
Tue Nov 6 23:47:43 CET 2001

On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 10:35:36PM +0100, Alexander Werth (gmx) wrote:
> On the other hand it can play
> more formats and more broken videos than any windows player. Right now
> it's the fastest and best player for linux.

For some formats.  MpegTV still drops less frames than mplayer on
equivalent hardware, for MPEG video.

It does pretty much look like the versatility king right now, though.  Now
if only we could get Sorenson to release enough specs to write a codec ...

--
  *********  Fight Back!  It may not be just YOUR life at risk.  *********
  phil stracchino   ::   alaric at babcom.com   ::   halmayne at sourceforge.net
    unix ronin     ::::   renaissance man   ::::   mystic zen biker geek
     2000 CBR929RR, 1991 VFR750F3 (foully murdered), 1986 VF500F (sold)
       Linux Now! ...because friends don't let friends use Microsoft.