[MPlayer-users] Windows binaries

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Nov 7 01:15:19 CET 2001

Hi,

> > On the other hand it can play
> > more formats and more broken videos than any windows player. Right now
> > it's the fastest and best player for linux.
>
> For some formats.  MpegTV still drops less frames than mplayer on
> equivalent hardware, for MPEG video.

what hardware? p100 ? yes. it does.
mpegtv quality sucks, it's overoptimized asm/mmx code with very buggy idct.
mplayer is optimized for high-end hardware, i mean 400+ mhz with mmx and
3dnow/sse, and a good videocard with yuv support. ah, and i almost forgot:
it's free.

> It does pretty much look like the versatility king right now, though.  Now
> if only we could get Sorenson to release enough specs to write a codec ...
hehe. you're dreaming...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu