[MPlayer-users] Alan Cox says gcc 2.96 is not buggy

Alex Kanavin ak at cave.hop.stu.neva.ru
Fri Nov 9 22:22:28 CET 2001

On Fri, 9 Nov 2001, [iso-8859-2] GАbor LИnАrt wrote:

> Anyway, gcc 2.96 is NOT official release of GCC team! Maybe newer gcc
> 2.96 versions are bugfree but is not official release either ...
> And the other side of the story: users can't even read (well at least
> they send bugreports without reading and understanding messages first),
> so you shouldn't expect correct gcc 2.96 subversion determination from
> them :)

The only thing I want is to see gcc version checking and "enter-the-
truth-according-to-us" removed from ./configure.

However, if the real goal of these "measures" is to annoy and humiliate
Red Hat users whenever possible then I should probably give up...

--
Alexander

Homepage: http://www.sensi.org/~ak/