[MPlayer-users] MJPG file in incoming

mdew rpbrown at xtra.co.nz
Mon Nov 12 12:51:21 CET 2001

On Mon, 2001-11-12 at 07:54, Sven Hartge wrote:

> You know what happens to readable /incoming-folders? They develop into
> warez-trading-places very fast.

depends, aslong as you have someone monitoring it daily...or even use a
qouta system, so it wont get out of *possible* control.

> So it would be like shooting yourself into the foot, if the admins allow
> everybody to read the incoming-folder.

I would like to see read the incoming folder, see the bugs in action..
and help if possible..mplayer users intentions arent warez'y.

> One solution would be, to manually cops the uploaded files into the
> public-tree, after verifying, this is ok with the material, or you will
> surely face a lawsuit against you for distributing copyrighted material.

most video media these days could potentially be copyright material,
where does this leave ppl uploading problematic avi's/wmv's etc

> You really don't want the mplayer crew sued by e.g. Viacom because one
> user uploaded parts of a StarTrek Movie or series.

that would be me, I uploaded *part* of Star Trek Enterprise which had a
bug/problem/glitch in the avi.. it wasnt a complete episode. (26Mb of
200Mb)

http://mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2001-October/011966.html