[MPlayer-users] gcc 3

Dariusz Pietrzak dariush at ajax.umcs.lublin.pl
Tue Nov 13 23:18:59 CET 2001

> >I have downloaded gcc 3.0 and I have a doubt, if I compile it with gcc
> >2.96 I'll get a good version or a buggy one?
gcc used to use this procedure - first get gcc sources, compile it with
the compiler you own, then compile your gcc sources with gcc you just
produced,
and then compile your sources with the gcc you got this way.
Hmm, this was used to overcome commercial compilers problems IIRC.
 Hmm, there even was a document called 'bootstrapping gcc' on this
subject.

Don't you think that this is a little offtopic for this list?
You should be talking to your support or local guru about this.
Ih, I was even ambarassed asking questions about choosing video card,
since it's only remotely relevant to the maillist subject.
This is slowly turning into rh support center/hate center.

--
Dariusz Pietrzak
snafu