[MPlayer-users] one more compile error (libavcodec)

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Nov 14 20:52:23 CET 2001

Hi,

> [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html &
>  http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-2.96.html if you still have questions or problems]
>
> I am not sure, becouse it's ffmpeg related, but there is written something like
> "copy libavcodec from ffmpeg CVS to mplayer tree", so here it is:
>
> dec_video.o: In function `decode_video':
> dec_video.o(.text+0xbed): undefined reference to `quant_store'
> libavcodec/libavcodec.a(mpegvideo.o): In function `MPV_decode_mb':
> /usr/src/main/libavcodec/mpegvideo.c:679: undefined reference to `quant_store'

very strange. this symbol is defined in libmpeg2/decodecc, so if you have
that fie then it should work.
don't you have mpeg12 postprocessing disabled in config.h ?
do you have libmpeg2 installed somewhere at standard lib dirs? maybe gcc
links the bad one.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu