[MPlayer-users] mplayer A/V sync ?bug?

Arne Rusek xruseka at seznam.cz
Sat Nov 24 20:41:10 CET 2001

Hi everyone,
I have used mplayer 0.11 for loooong time without any problems and now I
was forced to upgrade to 0.50. It compiled OK, but playback is not as
good. A/V sync is going out, video is much slover than audio so A/V
value is sometimes as big as 30s (at the end of 2:30 music clip) and is
constantly growing during playback. I tried -nobps -bps -framedrop (this
stopped video, only first frame appeared and A/V sync was going out
either). Then I read FAQ and tried -nosound, it worked, but without
sound of course. Maybe buggy sound driver, but with mplayer 0.11 it was
OK!?!?! Mplayer says that my computer is too slow to play this, but CPU
time is 65% idle (MPlayer consumes around 30%) and as I said w/o sound
video is OK. Is there any workaround? Please help. Thank You.

there is some info:

I have RedHat 7.1, but heavily upgraded towards 7.2
Linux 2.4.15-greased-turkey #1 Fr Nov 23 13:39:35 CET 2001 i686 unknown
gnu libc 2.2.4
X 4.1.0
gcc 3.0.2
gnu ld 2.11.90.0.8 (and so binutils)

CPU: PIII/coppermine/700MHz mmx,sse,...
video: ATI 3D RagePro w/X-4.1.0 driver
sound: Yamaha 740C with kernel OSS driver

output of 'mplayer -v' is attached