[MPlayer-users] mplayer A/V sync ?bug?

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Nov 24 21:30:41 CET 2001

Hi,

> Hi everyone,
> I have used mplayer 0.11 for loooong time without any problems and now I
> was forced to upgrade to 0.50. It compiled OK, but playback is not as
> good. A/V sync is going out, video is much slover than audio so A/V
> value is sometimes as big as 30s (at the end of 2:30 music clip) and is
> constantly growing during playback. I tried -nobps -bps -framedrop (this
> stopped video, only first frame appeared and A/V sync was going out
> either). Then I read FAQ and tried -nosound, it worked, but without
> sound of course. Maybe buggy sound driver, but with mplayer 0.11 it was
0.11 didn't used ioctl()'s to get audio delay from driver. it used select()
but it was broken for many cards.

> OK!?!?! Mplayer says that my computer is too slow to play this, but CPU
> time is 65% idle (MPlayer consumes around 30%) and as I said w/o sound
> video is OK. Is there any workaround? Please help. Thank You.
try another audio driver.

> video: ATI 3D RagePro w/X-4.1.0 driver
why don't you use GATOS Xv?

> sound: Yamaha 740C with kernel OSS driver
several people reported it has broken drivers.

> audio_setup: using '/dev/dsp' dsp device
> audio_setup: sample format: Signed 16-bit (Little-Endian) (requested: Signed 16-bit (Little-Endian))
> audio_setup: using 48000 Hz samplerate (requested: 48000)
> audio_setup: frags:   4/4  (8192 bytes/frag)  free:  32768

do you have ALSA driver for that card? should try it.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu