[MPlayer-users] Synchronization problems

Stephen Davies steve at daviesfam.org
Tue Nov 27 16:09:06 CET 2001

On Tue, 27 Nov 2001, Dominik Scheder wrote:

> I would be interested not only in a solution of this
> problem but also in an explanation of it because I simply cannot understand
> why this problem can appear at all (sound and video - it's one file altogether,
> not two different tapes...)

Its two different tapes, with lots of splices joining a bit of video to a
bit of audio to a bit of video...  mplayer has to send exactly the right
audio to the sound card to go with each video frame, whilst also taking
into account that there's audio buffered in the sound card driver, in the
sound card itself...

Steve