[MPlayer-users] RADEON_VID UYVY, YV12, I420, IYUV support. Rage128(pro) experimental support

Nick Kurshev nickols_k at mail.ru
Wed Nov 28 19:17:24 CET 2001

Hello!

> Also I've added experimental support for Rage128/Rage128pro chips.
> So if someone interested with it - please test them and send any reports, feedback, suggestions!!!
> It should work with the same formats as radeon.
> The best way to test it - it's using divx4 codec (for Linux):
> just modify codecs.conf by commenting out unnecessary 'out XXX' strings and watch
> any avis.
Forgot to tell howto:
please change dir to
main/drivers/radeon
(from historical reasons it will have this name)
Just type 'make'.
After that you should get rage128_vid.o and radeon_vid.o
You should use rage128_vid.o
Then read README file and video.html#radeon video overlay to get more info
about installation and usage. rage128_vid.o can be used in the same way as radeon_vid.o
(Indeed there is slight difference between radeon and rage128 chips - that caused
building of 2 independed drivers).

Note: Don't use it with rage 3D chips. They indeed are Mach64pro and should be handled
by mach64_vid.o driver (if it will be implmented in the future by volunteers).

Best regards! Nick