[MPlayer-users] Bugreport - Sound problem

SMuelas smuelas at mecanica.upm.es
Wed Nov 28 20:07:12 CET 2001

Some news from my Toshiba Tecra 8100. Mplayer worked wonderfully with
Mandrake 8.1. Now I am with RH7.2 + Ximian and the standard sound is a
disaster. Mandrake uses Alsa 05.
Nevertheless I have found a wonderful combination just now:
	"  -ao sdl:esd  "
and it goes at least at the same or better level of quality that with
Mandrake's Alsa. Give it a try if you are in problems  :-)

Regards
--
Santiago Muelas (Depto. de Mecánica)
http://w3.mecanica.upm.es/~smuelas
ETSI de Caminos, Canales y Puertos (U.P.M)    smuelas at mecanica.upm.es
Dr.Aranguren s/n - Ciudad Universitaria       Tf. 91 336 6659
MADRID 28040