[MPlayer-users] Re: DVD audio problem (Marc Lavallée)

Marc Lavallée odradek at videotron.ca
Wed Nov 28 23:04:39 CET 2001

Ar'pi wrote:

> compile mplayer with libdvdread support (RTFM) and use the -dvd option
> for direct playback, instead of playing the .vob files.

DVD support IS compiled, and I was playing /dev/dvd, not the VOB files.
But the problem is actually different: I played the fisrt VOB file without

problem (I played the file, not /dev/dvd), then I noticed that where the
sound stops when playing /dev/dvd is actually in the middle of this first
VOB file. At first there's a short splash sequence, then a few seconds of
black, then another splash sequence. The sound stop when it goes black.
Again, the problem occurs when playing /dvd/dvd, not when playing VOBs.
I using libdvdread 0.9.2, gcc-2.96, and no I won't use gcc-2.95...

--
Marc