[MPlayer-users] Re: Subtitles problem

Sven Hartge hartge at ds9.argh.org
Thu Nov 29 21:33:22 CET 2001

Carlos Laviola <carlos at laviola.org> schrieb:

> I've noticed a problem with MPlayer's subtitle handling. If you have a
> subtitle file that needs to be advanced by a certain number of seconds
> (mine needs to be advanced by 17 seconds) and just play the movie
> without seeking it forward, it will be fine. But if you do seek it
> forward, the subtitles all jump to another completely different spot
> in the movie, which kinda sucks. The subtitle is in the SubRip (.srt)
> format, AFAIK, and the movie is in the DivX format.

Did you try to convert the .srt-File into mplayers own format? I found
out, mplayer handles those in its native format much better than
"foreign" ones.

(The native format is also much easier to tweak.)

S!

--
75 Things you don't want to hear from your Sys Admin.
64. what's this hash prompt on my terminal mean?