[MPlayer-users] Documentation and dumb questions

Cláudio Sampaio (Patola) patola at solvo.com.br
Fri Nov 30 04:19:59 CET 2001

Dariusz Pietrzak escreveu:

> > 	I propose a docbook/SGML-based documentation, so it can be easily
> > searched for content and easily converted to common formats such as
> this was already proposed, and ended up being thrown in favor of .html.
>  Polish documentation is partly converted to linuxdoc format, from which
> .html can be produced, incidentally the style of this html is exactly the
> same as current general docs.

>  Problem with .sgml was that noone has enough experience with it...

> I think there already is htdig working on mplayerhq, so adding searching
> would be a metter of putting big sign on main page saying 'Click here to
> search for answer..' or sth.

	That's cool. I think the main point is that it gets in a format that
can be understood, and clearly understood, by the common person so that
it can help to avoid dumb questions here. But from what I see, the
documentation has to change its structure. Or maybe not even changing
the documentation per se, but making a new, parallel, dumbed-down
documentation full of pictures and such so that users can read it
without having to understand too many technical concepts.

	Best regards,
--
        Patola (Cláudio Sampaio) - Solvo S/A
        IBM Certified Advanced Technical Expert and Systems Developer