[MPlayer-users] For Mike Melanson, please.

Gábor Lénárt lgb at lgb.hu
Fri Nov 30 13:34:28 CET 2001

On Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 12:31:29PM +0100, SMuelas wrote:
> You friend Gabucino said something about playing at 48000 mh, impossible
> for esd. I have no idea of that. I see MY mplayer launching wonderfully
> and without any complain. So what is the matter with 48000 or 44100 or
> whenever you want. You MUST say to all the people, owners of a Tecra
> 8100 and at the limit of despair trying OSS, what is the solution.

Hmm, maybe the problem is caused by the OSS driver, for example it lies about
supporting same sample freq or so. Afaik MPlayer can't downmix or correcting
the sample rate with resampling audio stream sent to your /dev/dsp. However
esd is able to do this for you, so it may helps! With incorrect information
got from OSS driver it's possible that mplayer will be confused about A/V
sync too, giving the result that it plays too slow/fast, losing A/V sync and
so on ... IMHO.

BTW, there was some audio resample patch on -devel list ...
Has it already been integrated into CVS or something?

- Gabor