[MPlayer-users] Documentation and dumb questions

David Harris david at lumni.dyndns.org
Fri Nov 30 18:45:35 CET 2001

Ok.  Your right  you do give the answers.  I apologize.  but as I said
the manual is good.  but it doesnt answer a lot of questions.  FAQ's are
good, but like the manual, its limited.   I only asked one question in
here.  and of course it never got answered.  but through trial and error I
figured out its the limitations of my S3 driver.  so no big deal.

I had a lot of problems compiling mplayer in the first place.  but that
was due to not having everything I needed (which I was missing something
that I didnt see in the cvs dependencies).

Again I do apologize.  I just hate to see people get upset over things
like this.  I think Mplayer is great.  and with a little bit of work and
understanding it can be installed, and used in a few minutes.   but I know
the frustration of being treated like someone who is inferrior because I
dont have all the same knowledge that others have.  I got that from a lot
of people 5 years ago when i started using linux.   I know enough about
mplayer now to get it functioning.  even on my little 166.

David Harris