[Mplayer-users] cant compile MPlayer 0.50

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Oct 4 12:43:48 CEST 2001

On Wednesday, 3. October 2001 23:53, Attila Kinali wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Oct 2001 22:33:03 +0200 Roman Joost <romanjoost at gmx.de> wrote:
> > I cant compile the newest MPlayer Version. I also tried the latest
> > snapshots, but nothing work.
>
> Hey! Someone who read bugreports.html! :-)
> Didnt see such complete bugreport for a long time.
>
> I dont it exactly, but i think your header files are
> broken. There were something like this reported with
> mandrake a few days ago. Make sure that the glibc and
> glic-dev (or how it is called in mandrake) is at the newest
> version and are compatible with your gcc.
>
> Maybe Felix knows more.
Hmm I think kabi recently mentioned on avifile list that this problem would
be fixed in next glibc release.

IMHO we should add ./configure check for gcc3, too, as there are far too many
broken gcc3/glibc installations out there currently.
I dunno why gcc/glibc developers release unworking stuff.

--
Best Regards,
	Atmos