[MPlayer-users] rant

Guillaume triton at madchat.org
Mon Oct 8 16:35:59 CEST 2001

> > are. What I, and other people, have proposed is that mplayer's license
> > allowes distribution of binaries. Just state in the docs that you do not
> > support such binaries, and ignore such bugreports when they arrive. Is
> > *that* so hard to understand and accept?
> yes. Because we DO NOT WANT to see any binaries distributed. LGB described
> in details why (either it's broken/incompatible or compiled to 386 with very
> minimal feature list so mplayer looks like a shit proggy)

yes. and what's the POINT in having binaries ?
you all run pentiums-class systems, Mplayer compile in 1 minute :)
It's better to look at the code for 10 minutes before you compile, I believe
it is the warranty to good and trojan-free softwares.

--
OpenPGP 0x9A3D4CA1
http://pgp.mit.edu http://www.keyserver.net