[MPlayer-users] Re: Best fullscreen tv-out solution for MPlayer?

Brian J. Murrell c65aafb92eaaa2b03ba3ae83c92cc952 at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed Oct 10 18:05:53 CEST 2001

> Hi!

Hello Anssi,

> I'm using MPlayer with Matrox G400 TV-out. I configure the TV-out support
> to XF86Config but not Xinerama.
OK.  I tried this.  I could only get "x11" to work which does not
scale up to 640x480.

> Then I set DISPLAY to be :0.1 and start
> "mplayer -vo sdl -fs".

Hmmmm.  I wish.  :-)

> That's it. Video runs on my TV. Not fully
> accelerated but at least with Athlon 650 it works quite well.

Well, I have an Athlon 800 so I am willing to have unaccellerated
video on the TV, but when I do "mplayer -vo sdl -fs" with DISPLAY set
to :1.1 (I am running the G400 on a second Xserver in my machine) all
I get is a black screen on the TV as mplayer runs.  If I leave out the
"-fs" I get a black box on the TV the size of the video I am trying to
view.

It seems that sdl does not actually want to display on the 2nd head on
my G400.

Can I bother you for your XF86Config(-4) file?

> I'm not sure
> if I can use X same time on the monitor though.

How do you start mplayer if you don't do it on the :0.0 display?

> Cheers,

Right back atcha!

b.

--