[MPlayer-users] Re: Best fullscreen tv-out solution for MPlayer?

Anssi Kanninen anssi at iki.fi
Thu Oct 11 11:22:46 CEST 2001

> OK.  I tried this.  I could only get "x11" to work which does not
> scale up to 640x480.

What does your mplayer configure script say about sdl? Mine does:
Checking for SDL ... yes

I have SDL libraries 1.2.2 installed.

> Can I bother you for your XF86Config(-4) file?

Ok. Here it comes. Any tweaking hints from your config? :-)

Section "ServerLayout"
	Identifier	"XFree86 Configured"
	Screen		"Screen 0"
	Screen		"Screen 1"
	InputDevice	"Mouse 0" "CorePointer"
	InputDevice	"Keyboard 0" "CoreKeyboard"
EndSection

Section "Files"
	Fontpath "unix/localhost:7100"
EndSection

Section "Module"
	Load  "GLcore"
	Load  "dbe"
	Load  "extmod"
	Load  "glx"
	Load  "pex5"
	Load  "record"
	Load  "xie"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Keyboard 0"
	Driver	    "keyboard"
	Option	"XkbLayout" "fi"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Mouse 0"
	Driver	    "mouse"
	Option	"Protocol" "IMPS/2"
	Option	"Device" "/dev/mouse"
	Option	"ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
	Identifier   "Monitor 0"
	HorizSync    31.0 - 96.0
	VertRefresh  50.0 - 80
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
	Identifier   "Monitor 1"
EndSection

Section "Device"
	Option	"AGPMode4x"
	Identifier  "Card 0"
	Driver	    "mga"
	BusID	    "PCI:1:0:0"
EndSection

Section "Device"
	Option	"AGPMode4x"
	Option	"TV" "yes"
	Option	"TVStandard" "PAL"
	Option	"CableType" "SCART_COMPOSITE"
	Identifier  "Card 1"
	Driver	    "mga"
	BusID	    "PCI:1:0:0"
	Screen	    1
EndSection

Section "Screen"
	Identifier "Screen 0"
	Device	   "Card 0"
	Monitor	   "Monitor 0"
	DefaultDepth 16
	DefaultFbBpp 16
	SubSection "Display"
		Depth	16
		Virtual	1280 1024
		Modes	"1280x1024" "640x480"
	EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "Screen"
	Identifier "Screen 1"
	Device	   "Card 1"
	Monitor	   "Monitor 1"
	DefaultDepth 16
	DefaultFbBpp 16
	SubSection "Display"
		Depth	16
		Modes	"640x480"
	EndSubSection
EndSection

> How do you start mplayer if you don't do it on the :0.0 display?

I do the starting on :0.0 display but when I start mplayer to run in :0.1,
the keyboard control switches also to :0.1 . But again, I'm not sure. I
have to test that when I go home from work. :-)

--
anssi